Brs Pat Desmond and Kevin O’Reilly were ordained by the Archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, on the Feast of the Epiphany. Please find below a short video giving an impression of the occasion. Read more
The Irish Province of the Dominicans rejoiced at the ordination to the Diaconate of six of its student brothers. Br’s David McGovern, Damian Polly, Ronan Connolly, Daragh McNally, Conor McDonough and Eoin Casey were ordained this afternoon by His Grace, Diarmuid Martin, the Archbishop of Dublin. Many of the brothers from the wider province were present to witness the largest ordination in the province since the early 1970’s.
The six brothers ordained have been studying philosophy and theology at St. Saviours for the past six years and will continue their studies until their ordination to the priesthood next year, coinciding with the celebrations of the Order for the 800th anniversary of its foundation.
The newly ordained will begin their ministry of service in St. Saviours before venturing out into the wider province to preach and gain experience of different communities and pastoral situations. Please keep these newly ordained deacons in your prayers as they enter their final year of studies and preparation for priesthood.
The video of the Mass can be found here:
- Interview with Fr. Philip Mulryne O.PJuly 28, 2017 - 12:34 pm
- First Mass Fr. Philip Mulryne OPJuly 12, 2017 - 10:31 am
- Homily of Archbishop Joseph Augustine Di Noia OP July 9, 2017 - 7:16 pm
- Ordination to the Priesthood of Fr. Philip Mulryne OPJuly 8, 2017 - 5:49 pm
- Mission in the Parish of GlenravelJune 11, 2017 - 11:57 am